Monday, September 15, 2008

Growing up

You know when your little, and pretty much every friend you had was the same. Sometimes mean, sometimes nice and then when you see those friends years later you begin to realize how much people have changed. Specifically when these years, these teenage years are when you notice not only how much everyone else has changed but yourself too. These are the years when everyone begins to define their own personalities, they begin to change and develop into the person that they will become. People change, they grow with every day and learn from their experiences. You can look around at your friends and notice how much they have grown. Not just physically but their personalities are growing up. So why don't we notice how much we ourselves have grown up. The signs are always around me but I never look back at what I used to be like until someone tells me that I have changed. I just keep looking forward. Cassandra and I were talking about this and I finally looked back. I have changed. So have all my friends. School makes you smarter but experience makes you wiser and looking back I noticed how much we had all changed. Our lives and everything about us has been altered.

This for me is mind boggling, I'm not sure why because at this stage in my life I am so happy. I look back an think that last year or the year before I would have never been having this much fun with my friends, with school, I would have never been coaching a team and yet now I am. I think the reason I never looked back is that now my life is so great and looking back might take me back instead of forward. Or maybe I'm just rambling incoherently. Most likely the later option. The whole point of this blog entry was that looking around at those young adults who used to be kids only a year or two ago makes you notice how fast were all growing up. The years go faster as our lives become more exciting. Time no longer seems relevant. It is as though your just floating on through life, enjoying amazing things. All of a sudden we have so much more freedom. Life just seems so good but it feels like its going to fast that maybe we might miss something.

Like they say "Life is to short" but I cant wait to live every moment to the full.

{E}{R}{I}{C}{A}

No comments: